“River Song is commended upon the harmonious relationships visible among the staff. This is a happy building with happy teachers and children. The teachers’ enjoyment of one another and commitment to support each other’s work is palpable.” ~ From our recent WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) site visit report.
Early Childhood Substitute Teachers
Substitute Teachers will help in the classrooms and/or kitchen when our teachers and kitchen assistants need time off for vacations, illnesses, or family affairs.
Salary: $13-$15/hr based on education/experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Assist in the classroom: setting up activities, prepare and clean up snack, guide children during group participation, and maintain neatness and organization of classroom.
•Meet the needs of children on a one-to-one basis.
•Communicate effectively with the lead teacher any behavior or development concerns of children (both written and verbal).
•Maintain proper staff to child ratios.
•Follow prescribed schedules for bathroom, playground, and cubby room supervision.
•Prepare and clean up before and after children arrive.
•Effectively supervise children both inside and outside the classroom.
•Assist with puppet shows and other events.
•Assist with parent evening and festival celebrations.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Solid background teaching preschool-age children
• Solid knowledge and experience in Colorado Rules and Regulations for Child Care Facilities
• Solid knowledge of how children develop as individuals
• Solid working knowledge of Waldorf educational philosophies
• Ability to foster a love of life and learning in young children while gently guiding them in appropriate directions
• Ability to follow directions from lead teacher and Director
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, Director, and parents
• Ability to sing, dance, crawl, dig in the dirt, climb trees, and remember what it’s like to be a child
Minimum Experience, Education and/or Certifications:
Prefer those with ECT qualification (or working on it) by the State of Colorado. Great position for students in the field of Early Childhood Education!
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and availability to Becky Praamsma at email@example.com